Smith Jadin Johnson, PLLC has represented clients in numerous cases involving insurance claims and coverage in courts throughout the country. We’ve won cases in local, appellate, and supreme courts across the country that have expanded the law and our clients’ legal rights. We don’t just argue the law – we make it.
Here are just some of our successes:
Supreme Court and Appellate Wins
- An attorney cannot continue to represent a business in a dispute against one of its prior owners.
Glaros Hanson v. Midwest Inv. Servs., LLC, 2020 WL 5647239 (Minn. Ct. App. 2021)
- Securing policyholders’ right to interest on an appraisal award.
Oliver v. State Farm Fire and Casualty Insurance Company, 939 N.W.2d 749 (Minn. 2020)
- An Iowa appraisal panel can consider causation when arriving at an appraisal award.
Walnut Creek Townhome Association v. Depositors Insurance Company, 913 N.W.2d 80 (Iowa 2018)
- Commercial policyholders are entitled to interest on appraisal awards.
Andersen v. Owners Insurance, 2018 WL 1569837 (Minn. Ct. App. 2018)
- Insurance policy’s limitation period does not affect right to preaward interest.
K&R Landholdings, LLC v. Auto-Owners Insurance, 907 N.W.2d 658 (Minn. Ct. App. 2018)
- Overturning lower court’s denial of interest on an appraisal award.
Housing and Redevelopment Authority of Redwood Falls v. Housing Authority Property Insurance, 864 F.3d 986 (8th Cir. 2017)
- Minnesota’s pre-award interest statute applies to appraisal awards.
James Poehler v. Cincinnati Insurance Company, 899 N.W.2d 135 (Minn. 2017)
- A Wisconsin appraisal panel can consider causation when arriving at an appraisal award.
St. Croix Trading Company v. Regent Ins. Co., 882 N.W.2d 487 (Wis. Ct. App. 2016)
- Policyholders’ rights are not waived when using substitute service statute.
Robert Meeker v. IDS Property Casualty Insurance Company, 862 N.W.2d 43 (Minn. 2015)
- Requiring insurance company to make repairs with reasonably matching materials.
Cedar Bluff Townhome Condominium Association, Inc. v. Am. Family Mut. Ins. Co., 857 N.W.2d 290 (Minn. 2014)
Free, 30-Minute Consultation
If you want to work with attorneys known for integrity, honesty and tenacity, contact Smith Jadin Johnson, PLLC. We offer a free, new client 30-minute consultation to discuss your insurance claim. Call 866-291-7528 to schedule your consultation appointment. You can also request your appointment through our email form. From our offices in Minnesota and Colorado, we work with clients throughout the nation.