Click here to download the checklist (Preventative Maintenance Plan “To Do” List)
2. ___________ Follow the Preventative Maintenance Plan.
- Retain qualified professionals (contractor, engineer, etc.) to inspect all association-maintained improvements.
- Best Practice Tip 4: Liability! The board and its management company should not do the inspections.
3. ___________ Review and Act on the Inspection Summaries.
- After inspections have been conducted, review the written summaries and follow up with the inspectors as necessary to determine whether any maintenance work is recommended.
- Prioritize recommended maintenance work from most important to least important.
- Determine budgetary constraints.
- Obtain competitive bids for the work.
- Select a contractor to do the work.
4. ___________ Document the Work.
- Retain inspection summaries for six (6) years.
- Document completion of maintenance work and keep records of same for ten (10) years.
- Best Practice Tip 5: If you don’t have a Records Retention Plan, create one!
ATTORNEY ADVERTISING MATERIAL The information in this checklist is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.