FREE 30-MINUTE CONSULTATION
"My clients, whether they be individual property owners, businesses, or families, know that I am their advocate and that I will work hard to make sure their voices are heard and that my clients are always cognizant of the economics of their cases. I think that it is important for every client to seriously consider the economic costs and benefits of every dispute. I present their stories to the opposing party, the court, the appraisal panel, and the jury in a way that is both compelling and unassailable."
Throughout his career, Alex has helped secure numerous successful outcomes for his clients in a wide range of legal matters involving insurance policy interpretation and coverage, property damage claims, and construction defects. He also has substantial experience in insurance litigation, including fire cause and origin disputes and product liability litigation, valuation disputes, insurance appraisals, insurance coverage disputes, motion practice, mediation, and trial (appellate). Alex also works with community associations and businesses, handling their corporate governance, and litigation. Alex has handled numerous appeals cases in multiple jurisdictions, leading to new laws and positive results for his clients.
He practices in the following areas:
- Insurance Appraisals and Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Appellate Practice
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Community Association Law
- Estate Planning
- General Corporate Representation
In addition to extensive experience in litigation, Alex serves as a counselor for individuals and businesses in estate and business planning for all facets of their needs from asset creation to asset protection, as well as the protection of their estates.
Alex is a member of the Minnesota, Wisconsin, Colorado, and Texas State Bar Associations.
He is admitted to practice in the state courts of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Colorado, and Texas, as well as the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth District.
Alex obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of St. Thomas School of Law in 2006, and is a part of the University of St. Thomas mentor program. Alex also received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of St. Thomas in Financial Management and Legal Studies in Business.
Outside of the office, Alex enjoys football, golf, and spending time with his family and three boys.
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Juris Doctorate - 2006
- Honors: University of St. Thomas Mentor Program
- University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2003
- Major: Financial Management
- Major: Legal Studies in Business
- Minnesota Insurance Appraisal Guide, 2017
- Community Association Insurance Policy Acquisition, 2017
- Construction Defect Litigation, NBI , 2015
- Insurance Company Claims Negotiations: Top 10 Challenges, NBI, 2015
- Advanced Subrogation Tactics, NBI, 2011
- Costly Mistakes in Fire Investigation, Subrogation & Litigation, 2010
- Minnesota Rising Stars
- Minnesota State Bar Association, 2006 to Present
- Hennepin County Bar Association, 2006 to Present
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals, 2007 to 2011
- Wisconsin State Bar Association , 2012 to Present
- Colorado State Bar Association , 2017 to Present
- Texas State Bar Association , 2018 to Present
- The American Policyholder Association, Board Advisor, 2018 to Present
- Poehler v. Cincinnati Insurance Company, 899 N.W.2d 135 (Minn. 2017)
- Housing and Redevelopment Authority of Redwood Falls v. Housing Authority Property Insurance, 864 F.3d 986 (8th Cir. 2017)
- Croix Trading Company/Direct Logistics, LLC v. Regent Ins. Co., 882 N.W.2d 487 (Wis. Ct. App. 2016)
- Meeker v. IDS Property Cas. Ins. Co., 862 N.W.2d 43 (Minn. 2015)
- Cedar Bluff Townhome Condominium Ass’n, Inc. v. American Family Mutual Ins. Co., 857 N.W.2d 290 (Minn. 2014)
- McCoy v. American Family Mut. Ins. Co., 189 F.Supp.3d 896 (D.Minn. 2016)
- Ken Johnson Properties, LLC v. Harleysville Worcester Summary Ins. Co., 2013 WL 5487444 (D.Minn. 2013)
- K&R Landholdings, LLC v. Auto-Owners Insurance, 907 N.W.2d 658 (Minn. Ct. App. 2018)
- Oliver v. State Farm Fire and Casualty Company, 2019 WL 272888 (Minn. Ct. App. 2019)